Monday , September 23 2019
Home > Community (page 174)

Community

Judge: Indiana must list both lesbian spouses on birth certificate

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. KEN KUSMER, Associated Press INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana must list both spouses in lesbian marriages as parents on their children’s birth certificates, a federal judge ruled Thursday, saying the state must end what she called a “discriminatory” practice of listing only the birth …

Read More »

These four-year-olds set up a lemonade stand for Orlando victims

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. Fledgling flag dancers. Stephanie Bernstein/Buzzfeed Now we feel bad about squandering our fourth year burying action figures in the sand. An enterprising, cinematically good-hearted clique of children — including two four-year-old boys — busily sold cups of lemonade to dehydrated attendees of The …

Read More »

Orlando officials plan permanent memorial for Pulse victims

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel via AP ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — City officials in Orlando say they will create a permanent memorial to the 49 victims killed in the Pulse nightclub shooting. According to a statement Friday from the city, a committee will oversee an …

Read More »

Sunday is a double rainbow day for marriage equality hero

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. LGBTQ Nation CINCINNATI (AP) — Three years ago Sunday, Jim Obergefell (OH’-burh-uh-fehl) asked his longtime partner to marry him, beginning a whirlwind of events that led to his name being at the top of the U.S. Supreme Court case that resulted in legalization …

Read More »

NYC Pride to honor Orlando shooting victims

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel via AP The owner of the Orlando nightclub where a gunman killed 49 people, most of them gay, lesbian and bisexual, will speak Friday night at a rally to kick-off Pride festivities in New York City. Barbara Poma, owner of Pulse, …

Read More »

Show the world who you are #ProudToBe with YouTube

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. YouTube Dawn Ennis YouTube did more than just add rainbows to its familiar red logo to celebrate Pride. The 11-year-old video sharing social media company has launched #ProudToBe, a campaign designed to highlight, celebrate and embrace LGBTQ diversity. “Now, more than ever, it’s important …

Read More »

123,000 same-sex weddings since the Supreme Court ruling last year

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. Blake Keng, right, reads from Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy’s recent opinion on same-sex marriage during the wedding of Jillian Levine Smith, left, and Emily Smith, center, in Provincetown, Mass. Lisa Rigby via AP NEW YORK (AP) — A new Gallup survey estimates …

Read More »

Reflections on the Pulse of the LGBTQ community after Orlando

This post originally published by LGBTQ Nation. LGBTQ Nation As a strong and steady pulse indicates a healthy heart, in the aftermath of the horrific and tragic events of Orlando, I reflect on the Pulse of my LGBTQ community in this, my 70th year of life. In my mind’s eye, …

Read More »